Re: please help define Web of Data

From: Damian Steer <pldms@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:54:25 +0100
To: semantic-web@w3.org
On 19/04/11 12:04, Giovanni Tummarello wrote:
> Hi,

> In our definition . (e.g. see the very beginning of the video at
> http://sig.ma ). the Web of Data,is the web made of pages that exposes
> machine processable content definited according to some metadata
> standard. So RDF, RDFa, Microformats, but also XML using notable
> schemas. Of course LOD is part of it.

You can find some links concerning the term in Dan's post [1]. As I said
there, I think Tom Coates talk [2] is really significant. Your
definition is firmly in that tradition I would say.

Damian

[1] <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2010Feb/0144.html>
[2] <http://www.plasticbag.org/files/native/native_to_a_web_of_data.pdf>