rdf.net challenge

From: Sebastian Samaruga <cognescent@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 17:47:34 -0300
To: Pragmatic web <pragmaticweb@listserv.uni-hohenheim.de>, Semantic web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Looking back at the origins of RDF, I've found an interesting post
(http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2003/05/21/RDFNet) from
one of the creators of the RDF XML syntax specification.

I think the point with a roadmap, being it a research agenda or an
application or implementation one is to point at some useful
destination, call it an app ('killer app') built up on all the really
interesting stuff regarding semiotics, semantics, pragmatics,
etcetera, that we where handling lastly.

That is, it seems like today there is no real 'usefulness' behind
implementing an application on 'semantics' rather than traditional
development tools. There must be something that could be really
exploited in order to make the difference between those apps. I call
it 'purpose':
http://cognescent.blogspot.com/2011/04/platform-issues.html

It is not much comprehensive as coherent as I would like. But it
recalls the things I figure out can maybe make some difference.

Best
..- Sebastian