Re: How To Do Deal with the Subjective Issue of Data Quality?

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2011 16:20:40 -0400
To: Gregg Reynolds <dev@mobileink.com>
CC: "public-lod@w3.org" <public-lod@w3.org>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>, "dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net" <dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net>
On 4/7/11 2:58 PM, Gregg Reynolds wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     All,
>
>     Apologies for cross posting this repeatedly. I think I have a typo
>     free heading for this topic.
>

> Ok, I'll give you points for trying so hard.  But I feel duty-bound to
> point out to you that cross-posting is generally considered bad form
> for a reason.  Apologizing doesn't really make it good form.

Context is important. Unfortunately, trying to do the right thing in
cyberspace just worsens matters, exponentially.

I was trying assist someone else who seems to be preoccupied with the
subject matter in question but simply won't take my suggestion re.
starting a new thread.

Two typo ladden headings later, here we are :-(

>     Increasingly, the issue of data quality pops up as an impediment
>     to Linked Data value proposition comprehension and eventual
>     exploitation.
>

> Precise formal definitions would be a good start.  "Data" can mean
> just about anything.
>
> -Gregg

Yes, in a nutshell.

--