Re: SPARLQ endpoint discovery

From: Francisco Javier López Pellicer <fjlopez@unizar.es>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 10:12:25 +0200
To: Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>
CC: Giovanni Tummarello <giovanni.tummarello@deri.org>, semantic-web <semantic-web@w3c.org>

> On the question of complexity of Sitemaps and VoID: Publishers will
> get it right if and only if there is a) some serious consumption of
> the data that publishers actually care about and b) a validator. At
> the moment neither a) nor b) is given, neither for Semantic Sitemaps
> nor for VoID.

And possibly c), **wide** support of publishing tools / storage systems
to the **automatic** generation (with the help of
template/configuration) of VoID descriptions of the available data (for
semantic consumers), and Sitemaps (without the Semantic extension) for
indexing contents (for search engines).

The automatic generation of human readable and  machine processable
metadata is quite common in my area (Geospatial Web Services). See for
example

HTML view:
http://server.arcgisonline.com/ArcGIS/rest/services/ESRI_StreetMap_World_2D/MapServer
JSON view :