Re: Property instantiation/ predicate individuals (was Time for quintuples?)

Hi,

Am 26.09.2010 13:31, schrieb Toby Inkster:
> On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:41:53 +0200
> Bob Ferris<zazi@elbklang.net>  wrote:
>
>> ex:APerson ex:ASkill ex:ATopic .
>>
>> ex:ASkill a cco:skill ;
>> 	... . # further descriptions
>
> I think, as cco:skill is currently defined anyway, that should be:
>
> 	ex:ASkill rdfs:subPropertyOf cco:skill .
>
> This kind of pattern is the main use case for allowing predicates to be
> blank nodes. (The current version of RDF does not allow this, but N3
> does.)
>
> 	ex:APerson [ rdfs:subPropertyOf cco:skill ; ... ] ex:ATopic .

Okay, as far as I get, this is then a On-the-Fly-Property[1], or? I
catched up the modelling approach of the Property Reification
Vocabulary[2] made by Toby Inkster and designed it as an Ontology[3].
One can create now implications for inferencing. The prv:shortcut
property should be handled the case of restriction or verification of
the applied shortcut property.

Although, where is now the difference to RDF-Reification? ;)

Cheers,

Bob

[1] http://esw.w3.org/OnTheFlyProperties
[2]