Re: First order logic and SPARQL

From: Bob MacGregor <bob.macgregor@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 21:40:56 -0700
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: Axel Polleres <axel.polleres@deri.org>, Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>, Juan Sequeda <juanfederico@gmail.com>, Jitao Yang <jitao.yang@gmail.com>, semantic-web@w3.org, public-sparql-dev@w3.org
Hi Pat,

I put together an example a year or so where I executed a SPARQL query, and
got a result, and
then added a triple to the graph, and ran the same query, and one of the
binding sets in the original result
was not present in the new result.  That sure sounds non-monotonic to me.
Now it may be that the triple
store that I ran on had an incorrect implementation of SPARQL, but if so
that vendor was unaware of
the fact.  Are you claiming that the behavior that I saw would be an
indication of an incorrectly-implemented
SPARQL on whatever RDF store I observed it?

- Bob