Re: First order logic and SPARQL

From: Bob MacGregor <bob.macgregor@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 14:48:25 -0700
To: Adrian Walker <adriandwalker@gmail.com>
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org, public-sparql-dev@w3.org
My personal interest is in a query language for RDF that's easy to use, and,
among other things,
has a negation operator that is intuitive.  If SPARQL 1.1 adds a negation
operator, that is good to know.

I would  be interested to learn of a datalog-with-negation implemented by
translating to SPARQL,
since datalog and its variants is IMO intuitive.   Are the results that show
a mapping between
a datalog variant and SPARQL just papers, or has someone actually
implemented a Datalog-like
front end that translates to SPARQL?  I'd like to see that.  Note: Axel
cites a paper that translates
in the other direction -- that's not what I'm after.

- Bob