Re: ANN: The Vehicle Sales Ontology - Cars, Bikes, Boats on the Web of Data - http://purl.org/vso/ns

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:53:39 +0200
Cc: semantic-web@w3.org
To: Bob Ferris <zazi@elbklang.net>
Hi Bob,
yes, of course I use the proper language tag for the labels. However,
given the state of tooling and typical workflows, the choice of the
identifiers is still critical, because
- RDFa coders will always use the identifiers and likely never see the
labels
- the navigation in the ontology documentation is typically based on
the identifiers, not the labels.

See http://purl.org/vso/ns

In my ontology projects, I have so far refrained from providing
translations for the elements, because the effort for reliable, high-
quality translations is very high and the use is limited, given the
fact that English is widely understood among application developers in
the world.

Martin