RE: How to find a proper ontology for my classes and properties?

Hey Yury,

You may also want to try Falcons Ontology Search:
http://ws.nju.edu.cn/falcons/ontologysearch/result.jsp?query=has+Owner

or Falcons Concept Search:
http://ws.nju.edu.cn/falcons/conceptsearch/result.jsp?query=has+Owner

Cheers,
Gong

Behalf Of Juriy Katkov
>Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 10:40 PM
>To: Semantic Web
>Subject: How to find a proper ontology for my classes and properties?
>
>Hello everyone!
>I have 2 questions about rdf data.
>
>1. Suppose I started describing something in triples and I want to use a
property 'hasOwner'. I understand that it's much better to use this property
from one of the existing ontologies rather than use property from my own
namespace.
>The question is: what is the easyest and the most right way to search for
this property? I know, there is Swoogle and sometimes it helps me with that.
I wonder if there is something better that fulltext search.

>2. Suppose I face the dataset I never use before. What do you usually do
first to get a first impression about the dataset? At the moment I first
make some SPARQL queries to this dataset, such as:
>select COUNT(?x) WHERE
>{
>?x a ?z .
>}
>
>than I use Marbles or Sig.ma to surf randomly over this data and finally I
come up with a opinion where I need data from the dataset or not.
>Again, what do you usually do? Is there a tools or useful queries that can
help Semantic Web user in browsing data and getting useful info about
datasets?