Re: Innovation Management Ontology

On 10/29/10 9:51 AM, Adam Westerski wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> thanks for the input and appreciation. I'll look into your suggestion.
>
> Do you mean putting rdfs:isDefinedBy for ontology concepts to link
> them to the ontology URI or perhaps something else ?
>
> Also, what is the actual benefit of adding rdfs:isDefinedBy ? Like how
> it can be used in practice.
Adam,

To cut a long story short, digest the following links:

1.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.openlinksw.com%2Fschemas%2Famazon
- Our ontology for describing entities from Amazon.com

2.
http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/describe/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flinkeddata.uriburner.com%2Fabout%2Fid%2Fentity%2Fhttp%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fo%2FASIN%2F1593270100
-- Amazon Book descriptor where property URIs provide paths back to the
ontology that holds their definition.

rdfs:isDefinedBy is great segue property for follow-your-nose style
Linked Data browsing between TBox and ABox.

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen