Re: RDF & JSON

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> What are the odds of getting a group (pref through w3c) set-up quickly so
> that all of those working on and interesting in RDF+JSON can openly discuss,
> align and essentially do the heavy lifting pre-standardization?
>
> I'm very aware that there are multiple people with multiple approaches all
> working at the same time here, some communication but not loads, and that we
> could all either align and make progress, or end up with another 5
> semi-supported rdf+json variants before any official effort starts, which
> wouldn't really be ideal.

That's an "Incubator Group". It requires three W3C members and a
charter. See here:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/

Any takers?

It would take only 2-3 weeks to set-up.

The question should probably be - 1) Should this be part of the new
RDF Working Group, or another one? 2) Can we get browser vendors or
big vendors who aren't the usual SemWeb suspects involved at all? And
some normal web developers would help :)

 cheers,
     harry