Re: ANN: The Tickets Ontology for Concerts, Airfare, Museums, etc.

Hi Seth:
On 17.11.2010, at 19:10, Seth Russell wrote:

> Great!
>
>  Is there any vocabulary for promotions
> (1)  drawings like http://speaktomecatalog.com/hdradio.html
No, because lotteries are outside the scope of GoodRelations, except
for offering the sales of a lottery voucher.

> (2) free gifts like http://speaktomecatalog.com/coupons/free_CLKVTRV.html

That's possible. There are two ways:

Expose a gr:Offering with a gr:eligibleTransactionVolume with a
gr:hasMinCurrencyValue of 75 USD and attach two gr:TypeAndQuantityNode
instances, one for the free alarm clock, and one for the other item on
sale.

This requires that you materialize the relevant combinations of items
from your store, but when you expose the data via a SPARQL endpoint,
that may not be a limitation.

The second way is to link from any of your gr:Offering instances to a
second gr:Offering via gr:addOn, attach a price of 0 USD and a
gr:eligibleTransactionVolume with a gr:hasMinCurrencyValue of 75 USD
to that second gr:Offering.

> (3) discount coupons like http://speaktomecatalog.com/coupons/cpon_ca_4.html

Relative price specifications are not supported by the default
GoodRelations vocabulary, but you can easily define a subclass of
gr:PriceSpecification

foo:RelativePriceSpecification a owl:Class ;
	rdfs:subClassOf gr:PriceSpecification ;
	rdfs:label "RelativePriceSpecification"@en ;
	rdfs:comment "Positive values indicate a surcharge, negative a
discount to the regular price of the offering" .

Then, attach an instance of this to the gr:Offering and constrain is
validity by gr:eligibleTransactionVolume.

I may add this to GoodRelations with one of the next service updates.

Best
Martin

> Seth Russell
> Podcasting: tagtalking.net
> Facebook ing: facebook.com/russell.seth
> Twitter ing: twitter.com/SethRussell
> Blogging: fastblogit.com/seth/
> Catalog selling: www.speaktomecatalog.com
> Google profile: google.com/profiles/russell.seth
>

> On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Martin Hepp <mfhepp@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I am happy to announce the release of the Tickets Ontology [1]:
>
>  http://purl.org/tio/ns
>
> It provides a very powerful yet simple extension to GoodRelations so
> that you can expose ticket offers for any kind of
>
> 1. Events (e.g. concerts)
> 2. Points of interest (e.g. museums)
> 3. Transportation services (e.g. airfare, trains, taxi, coach
> connections)
>
> in combination with GoodRelations [2].
>
> It also allows exposing time-table information for flights, trains,
> and public transport.
>
> The ontology is designed to work in combination with all existing
> ontologies for events, namely
>
>  http://linkedevents.org/ontology/Event (lode:Event)
>  http://purl.org/NET/c4dm/event.owl#Event (event:Event)
>  http://www.loa-cnr.it/ontologies/DUL.owl#Event (dul:Event)
>
> and DBPedia for airports, subway stations, or points of interest.
>
> Any comments are very welcome!
>
> Best wishes
>
> Martin
>
> [1] http://purl.org/tio/ns
> [2] http://purl.org/goodrelations/

> martin hepp
>
> e-mail:  mhepp@computer.org
> phone:   +49-(0)89-6004-4217
> fax:     +49-(0)89-6004-4620
> www:     http://www.heppnetz.de/
> skype:   mfhepp
> twitter: mfhepp
>
> Check out GoodRelations for E-Commerce on the Web of Linked Data!
> * Project Main Page: http://purl.org/goodrelations/
> * Quickstart Guide for Developers: http://bit.ly/quickstart4gr
> * Vocabulary Reference: http://purl.org/goodrelations/v1
> * Developer's Wiki: http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelations