Re: RDF vocabulary for describing news?

Toby,

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 01:09:39 -0500
> Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What do people use to describe news articles in RDF?
>
> I have some code that converts the hNews microformat to RDF. hNews is
> an extension of hAtom, so for my conversion I created a small
> vocabulary that extends Henry Story's AtomOWL:
>
> http://ontologi.es/hnews#

thanks for that link. However I could not find any RDF class in hnews, so I
looked at AtomOWL in my quest for a class describing a news item: the
closest I found is awol:Entry [1] whose description is "An Entry is an
Entry, and that's all you need to know!". There is a reference to §4.1.2 of
the rfc 4287 spec [2] but that spec does not exist anymore (at least not at
this URI). In any case, it seem that the AtomOwl Entry is very similar to
the concept of RSS Item, which is rather vague (you can find any piece of
content in an RSS feed these days).

> I'd be happy to add any other terms you need to the vocabulary should
> you decide to use it.

fyi, not really related, but the item-license element is missing from hnews
(not that I actually need it but thought I'd mention it for completeness -
or maybe you left it out for some reason.).

Steph.

[1] http://bblfish.net/work/atom-owl/2006-06-06/#Entry
[2] http://www.atompub.org/rfc4287.html#rfc.section.4.1.2