Re: RDF URI References

On 04/11/10 13:29, Nathan wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> However, the definition of an "RDF URI Reference" is:
>
> "an absolute URI with optional fragment identifier"

That's not the definition, and you've missed a significant of that sentence:

"A URI reference within an RDF graph (an RDF URI reference) is a Unicode
string [UNICODE] that:

* does not contain any control characters ( #x00 - #x1F, #x7F-#x9F)
* and would produce a valid URI character sequence (per RFC2396 [URI],
sections 2.1) representing an absolute URI with optional fragment
identifier when subjected to the encoding described below."

Note that "...representing an absolute URI with optional fragment
identifier * when subjected to the encoding described below *". URIRef
allows characters that URI doesn't.

The explanation:

"Note: this section anticipates an RFC on Internationalized Resource
Identifiers. Implementations may issue warnings concerning the use of
RDF URI References that do not conform with [IRI draft] or its successors."

i.e. "we wanted to use IRI, but it hadn't finished".

Damian