Re: Semantic web ontology for song lyrics

Il 15/05/2010 11.33, shreekant bohra ha scritto:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I am a newbie into semantic world. I have a quite large database of
> songs lyrics, the data fields include movie name, singer, writer and
> other meta information along with song lyrics. I want to convert this
> database into some semantics, so I need to create a new ontology for
> this, am I right? So what should I use OWL or RDF? What tools would be
> useful for this? Jena ? I am doing this just to learn basics of
> semantic web and ontology. Any help or pointers would be highly
> appreciable.

The easiest way to plug your DB into Semantic Web is to use a tool like
D2R [1].
I cite from the website:
"D2R Server is a tool for publishing relational databases on the
Semantic Web.
It enables RDF and HTML browsers to navigate the content of the
database, and allows applications to query the database using the SPARQL
query language."

You do not need anything else. Actually if you want to put your dataset
into the Linked Data [2] you need to connect it with other existing
dataset in the cloud, e.g., DBpedia [3] or MusicBrainz [4]. This is the
most difficult aspect.

[1] http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/d2r-server/
[2] http://linkeddata.org/
[3] http://dbpedia.org/
[4] http://dbtune.org/musicbrainz/

cheers,
roberto

--
Roberto Mirizzi
Ph.D. Student at Politecnico di Bari (Italy)