call to arms

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 21:39:57 +0200
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Right now, despite the promise, things seem mired in the mud. People
aren't seeing the things that the Web of Data has proposed.

How do we get over this?

Face to face maybe - the bits the interwebs can't provide.

I suggest the leading lights of this sturm sit down in a room
somewhere in northern Europe, and hammer the damn thing down. It is so
stupid for it to take so long.

The Internet, and the Web is excellent at providing miraculous stuff,
but the humans that tie the things together seem to be disappearing
into different worlds.

The Semantic Web should be useful by now, by anyone's predictions.

something better change

(I'm a scaredy pacifist, so don't take that to heart)

--
http://danny.ayers.name