Semantic Web vocabularies for Twitter Annotations

From: Joshua Shinavier <josh@fortytwo.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:14:26 -0700
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi all,

I'm interested in starting a discussion around use cases and SemWeb
vocabularies for mapping Twitter Annotations into RDF.  Twitter has
recently released its Places [1] feature and will soon release
Annotations [2], which will be a great source of structured data for
real-time Semantic Web mashups.  I have put up a wiki page here

    http://wiki.github.com/joshsh/twitlogic/semantic-twannotations

....which describes the mapping of Twitter Annotations types and
attributes into appropriate Semantic Web vocabularies.  I have also
suggested an "about" or "sameas" attribute for Annotations, to
facilitate the linking of resources described in Twitter Annotations
to resources described in Linked Data.

Any and all comments are welcome.

Best regards,

Joshua

[1] http://blog.twitter.com/2010/06/twitter-places-more-context-for-your.html
[2] http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Annotations-Overview

See also:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lod/2010Apr/0240.html
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2009Sep/0174.html

--
Joshua Shinavier
Tetherless World Constellation PhD student