Forwarded mail: Twitter Annotations into RDF

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:45:13 -0700
Cc: Joshua Shinavier <shinaj@rpi.edu>
To: W3C Semantic Web IG <semantic-web@w3.org>
I am acting as a mailman here: Joshua Shinavier's mail got caught, for some reasons, in the archiving system, and he would like to get the message out before this Thursday. Please, if you answer this mail, don't forget to include Joshua's email address (see CC list).

I'm interested in starting a discussion around use cases and SemWeb
vocabularies for mapping Twitter Annotations into RDF. Twitter has
recently released its Places [1] feature and will soon release
Annotations [2], which will be a great source of structured data for
real-time Semantic Web mashups.  I have put up a wiki page here

...which describes the mapping of Twitter Annotations types and
attributes into appropriate Semantic Web vocabularies.  I have also
suggested an "about" or "sameas" attribute for Annotations, to
facilitate the linking of resources described in Twitter Annotations
to resources described in Linked Data.

Any and all comments are welcome.

Best regards,

[1] http://blog.twitter.com/2010/06/twitter-places-more-context-for-your.html
[2] http://apiwiki.twitter.com/Annotations-Overview

See also:

Joshua Shinavier
Tetherless World Constellation PhD student
+1 509 570 6990