wurvoc.org - linked open data for Quality of Life

From: Broekstra, Jeen <jeen.broekstra@wur.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:06:38 +0200
To: "dutchsemweb-l@few.vu.nl" <dutchsemweb-l@few.vu.nl>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>

(apologies for cross-posting)

I am proud to announce the launch of http://www.wurvoc.org/, a platform for linked data publishing developed by Wageningen UR Food & Biobased Research (http://www.fbresearch.nl/IM).

The goal of wurvoc.org is to serve as a hub for various vocabularies and semantic web services we have developed and are still developing. Many of these vocabularies (modeled in RDF and OWL) have been built using public funding and we feel it important that this information is also publicly available in a way that is open and reusable.

For more info see the article at my weblog: http://jeenbroekstra.blogspot.com/, or visit http://www.wurvoc.org/ directly. We welcome your feedback!

Jeen Broekstra
dr. J. Broekstra
Wageningen UR, Food & Biobased Research
Intelligent Systems group
P.O. Box 17, 6700 AA Wageningen
Wageningen Campus, Building 118, Bornse Weilanden 9, 6708 WG Wageningen
Tel. +31 (0)317 480145