vCard in RDF

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2010 08:39:12 +0100
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
I note that an IETF working group last-call has been issued for version 4.0 of
vCard, including an XML version of same:
   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/vcarddav/current/msg01490.html

There is an RDF version of vCard:
   http://www.w3.org/TR/vcard-rdf/
which I am assuming the authors intend to update at some stage.

I have a particular question about the RDF version:  apart from the ongoing
debate about the desirability of http- vs non-http URIs for namespaces, is there
any particular reason to not use the name namespace URI for the RDF version and
the IETF XML version?  With a few intermediate nodes, I think the XML version
would map pretty directly to RDF, and could use the name namespace URIs, but
can't decide if that would be asking for problems in the future.

#g