Re: Updated Semantic Web Interest Group page

From: Mischa Tuffield <mmt04r@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:04:39 +0100
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Hi Dan,

I wonder why the main interest page :

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest/

links to :

http://esw.w3.org/RdfAndSql

under the heading of Relational Databases and RDF. It comes across a bit limiting, I would suggest a link to a page like "RDF and SPARQL" which could include all of the technologies linked to on the RdfAndSql page, along with other non-SQL based solutions to storing and querying RDF. Off the top of my head, stuff like Neo4j or 4store (excuse plug) (i.e. non-SQL based RDF storage solutions), and stuff like RAP, RDFLIB, and so on... Perhaps a page like : http://esw.w3.org/SparqlImplementations would make more sense?

Just a thought ...

Mischa