Re: RDF 2.0 Wishlist - Legal RDF which I can't SPARQL

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Paul Gearon <gearon@ieee.org> wrote:

<snip/>

> In a hack similar to the one I mentioned with FILTER, but you can always say:
>
> insert { graph <http://example.com/graph> {
>  ?u  foo:Property  "something" } }
> { { select IRI("http://example.com/mylamefoafdocument`uri") as ?u {} } }
>
> But then I realized that this uses a non-standard constructor for
> IRIs! I should raise this as a possible function for SPARQL 1.1.

I just realized that this *is* valid SPARQL 1.1. The documentation for
IRI() isn't defined everywhere yet (it has its own section, but
doesn't yet appear in the tables).

BTW, I'm not saying that this is the solution. (All those curly braces
give me the shivers). But it is *a* solution.  :-)

Regards,
Paul Gearon