Re: Finding ontology

Pierre,

I would recommend that you, at least initially, build your own ontology.
 All use cases are slightly different and it is very unlikely that you will
be able to find an ontology that meets your use case exactly.  Also, you do
not really get any immediate benefit by reusing an ontology.  The only
benefit comes when you want to link your data to other data that is
described by the ontology you reuse.  From your description, it does not
sound like this is an immediate requirement for you.

Building your own will save you a lot of time and trouble trying to scour
the web for an existing one and it will give you the freedom and flexibility
to build the ontology to do exactly what you want it to do.  Later, if you
decided you want to link your data up to other data (or someone else wants
to do it for you), then you can worry about replacing your ontology with
another ontology or mapping to another ontology.  Once you have your
ontology built and you use it for awhile, the process of mapping to another
ontology will be much easier because you will have a very good understanding
of the semantics of your project.

Mike Lang

Ontology Architect
Revelytix, Inc.