Re: list policy re patent discussion

  On 7/17/2010 8:44 PM, Renato Iannella wrote:
> The SWIG Charter on IPR does not state that:
("not" seems to be a typo!)
> "W3C reminds participants to disclose, where known, the IPR status of information that they share in the Interest Group meetings and materials, in accordance with Section 6 of the W3C Patent Policy"
>
> See: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/swig-charter.html#Ipr

thanks that was helpful. Note any such disclosure is done by mailing a
different list, to leave this list for engineering issues.

 From offlist discussion it seems that I misunderstood the intent behind
the message that prompted me to start this thread; I fear I have
overreacted, sorry to all.

There does seem to be a related (I18N) policy question, that I have
asked the lawyers,
for those interested, please see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-psig/2010JulSep/0002.html
Member only link. (In my view further discussion of that issue is not
appropriate on this list).

Jeremy