Re: RDF *already* supports literal subjects - a thought experiment

Frank

 think - the research industry has already spent/invested a lot of money (so
much that i cannot be counted) developing applications before the relevant
concepts /standards  were tested in the real world . We ended up with
suites, toolkits, platforms, services all with limited usefulness/impact
(euphemism intended)

Where did the money cane from to support years and years of research
projects and institutes for something that had never
been tested in practice?

phds? research money?

time to start putting some toward performance measurements?

Now years later, the consortium is facing amongst others, a dilemma - change
the RDF spec or not change it?
(from what I understand of these conversations)

I am sure there are valid arguments for and against., so its a matter of
making the best possible decision to maximise the opportunity/benefits and
minimising the risks/costs. I can see some people are thinking in that
direction.

I dont think such decisions should be made solely on opinions and beliefs ,
even less based on the abstract elegance of the belief in question, no
matter how authoritative and respectable the sources

Some measurement can be done with simulations. Whoever has invested money so
far building applications surely would be happy to chip in
making sure the proposed future steps are sound, either way?, There are
zillion of ways such evaluations can be done, but its important to
get people on board who have those skills/abilities or are at least capable
of thinking that way

Find some software engineers or systems engineers to work with?

Once there is enough agreement and understanding some testing could be
helpful to support the right decision/directions, it should not be
difficult to come up with ways of getting that done in practice