Re: Where are the semantic web applications?

From: Roberto Mirizzi <roberto.mirizzi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 15:35:34 +0200
To: Hugh Glaser <hg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
CC: Eyal Sela <eyal@isoc.org.il>, "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
  Il 10/07/2010 13.21, Hugh Glaser ha scritto:
> I would say that a good site should hide the details of technology of implementation, whatever that technology is – why would users want to know?
I completely agree with you. In my opinion a succesfull semantic web
application should hide its complexity and the underlying technologies
(I am referring to all the languages that appear in the popular and
controversial Semantic Web stack)

> A couple of sites come to mind:
I would want to show you an alpha version of a Facebook app that we are
developing in my lab. It's an application for movie recommendation that
uses Linked Data. It's still an ongoing work, we are working on several
aspects (both the interface and the backend), so any comments or
suggestions would be really appreciated. The application is available
at: http://apps.facebook.com/film-recommendation/

cheers,
roberto

--
Roberto Mirizzi
PhD student at Politecnico of Bari (Italy)