Re: Subjects as Literals

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 22:02:07 +0100
To: Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
CC: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Pat Hayes wrote:
> However, before I lose any more of my SW friends, let me say at once
> that I am NOT arguing for this change to RDF.

so after hundreds of emails, I have to ask - what (the hell) defines RDF?

I've read that 'The RDF Semantics as stated works fine with triples
which have any kind of syntactic node in any position in any combination.'

Do the 'RDF Semantics' define RDF? or do the serializations?

simply - does RDF support literal subjects or not - I've read the
aforementioned sentence to read 'RDF Semantics support literal subjects'
or should I be reading 'RDF Semantics could support literal subjects' or
'does support literal subjects' or?

Just seeking a definitive bit of clarity on 1: what defines RDF, 2: what
is *currently* supported in that definition.

Preferably a serialization unspecific answer :)

Best & TIA,

Nathan