Re: "destabilizing core technologies: was Re: An RDF wishlist

From: Bob Ferris <zazi@elbklang.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2010 12:13:51 +0200
To: Ian Davis <lists@iandavis.com>
CC: Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Hi Ian,

 > But now people are seeing some of
> the data being made available in browseable form e.g. at data.gov.uk
> or dbpedia and saying, "I want to make one of those".

I don't really believe that people would say after browsing dbpedia "I
want to make one of those". That's not the User Experience users expect
to get. Please remember the "Semantic-Web-UI" discussion last time.
People are tending to use/experience richer visualisations of the
data/knowledge/information in the background. I hear often, especially
in the last time, the term 'story telling' - and that's it, I think.

Cheers,

Bob