Re: An RDF wishlist

On 1 Jul 2010, at 18:46, Dan Brickley wrote:

> All the time we run around evangelizing RDF while not admitting that
> it is also kind of annoying, we raise expectations that will be dashed
> when people actually try using it. All the time we spend ages writing
> long emails when we could be fixing and improving RDF software or
> datasets, we're probably also prolonging the problem. For my part in
> that last one, and for this over long mail, ... sorry :)

Dan, well worth your effort and kudos.

I've always felt that there should not be a "Semantic Web" [1], just like there was no "XML Web" - its all about new technologies to make a better Web...

Fixing RDF alone may not be the solution either, without looking at all the other SW technology dependencies.

You are right, we need to look at the consumer-demand side for the next revisions....not drive from the KR-side...

Cheers

Renato Iannella
http://renato.iannella.it

[1] http://renato.iannella.it/blog/files/sw-harmful.html