Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0"

On Monday 18 January 2010 17:07:49 Harry Halpin wrote:

> But how about:
>
> a b "blah blah z"
>
> as in ex:London ex:hasTemp "10 ex:Celsius"
>
> where z is a URI for a custom data-type that defines a relationship to
> the base XML Schema data-types?
>
> RDF needs to take syntactic sugar seriously. So, we could imagine that
> then we could decompose
>
> a b "blah blah z" -> a b "blah blah" AND "blah blah" rdf:value z"
>
> i.e.
>
> ex:London ex:hasTemp "10" AND "10 rdf:value ex:Celsius"

 That makes any occurance of 10 have value (surely: unit)
 Celsius, which strikes me as ... unhappy.

 What's wrong with [1]

  ex:London ex:hasTemp [rdf:value 10; units:inUnit ex:Celsius]

 where rdf:value might not be quite the right property, and units:inUnit
 is a new property for expressing units without yet any commitment
 to how those units are defined?

 [1] Expecting several answers ...

--
RDF is not /the/ answer. RDF is /an/ answer.                         - Arcadian

Epimorphics Ltd
Registered address: C/O Robson Taylor, Froomsgate House, Bristol
Registered number:  7016688