Re: Semantic web formalisms (was Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0")

Hi Jiří --

You wrote:

*Still information in RDF which is using ontology that is defined just by
natural language (not descriptive - OWL) are worth something and up to a
certain point can be processed by machines... *

Actually, one can drop the "up to a certain point" qualifier, and say
"*can*be processed by machines" .

Here's how.  We can keep RDF simple, and write the "ontology" in executable,
open vocabulary English.

Here's an example that you can view, run and change using a browser,

www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/RDFQueryLangComparison1.agent

and here is a paper describing the underlying online system

www.reengineeringllc.com/A_Wiki_for_Business_Rules_in_Open_Vocabulary_Executable_English.pdf

The alert reader of the above paper will notice an interesting parallel with
Pat Hayes' recent talk, in which the ungainly fragments in the middle 80% of
the semantic web layer cake were replaced with a single elegant technology.

                              -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English over SQL and
RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com    Shared use is free, and there are no

Adrian Walker
Reengineering