RE: Ontology for semantic web technologies field [FW: CFP, Ontology Repositories and Editors for the Semantic Web]

Thanks for pointing this out. I had already found this site and downloaded the CfP page.

The reason why our organization is making a fuss about this issue, is because 2010 is the International Year of Biodiversity and there are still too many different standards for biodiversity ontologies or biological taxonomies. I have large collection of links to dozens of portals on this issue.

It struck me that that dynamic open repositories of ontologies should be able to provide some structural solution, a.o. to solve the "one scientific language, many dialects" aspect in the biodiversity community.

But the sustainable development area also lacks a standardized ontology or repository of ontologies, an issue at the WiserEarth.org site where the Areas of Focus categories are becoming unwieldy.

Are there any recent publications on ontology repositories and ontology dynamics?

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
Rainbow Warriors Core Foundation
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
www.rainbowwarriors.net
Project Paradigm: A structured approach to bringing the tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide
www.projectparadigm.info