Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0"

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 5:00 PM, Chris Welty <cawelty@gmail.com> wrote:
> Without volunteering myself to be such a contact, I have (as both a users of
> many RDF implementations and a W3C chair and I suppose a self-declared
> semantic web expert) been the recipient of a lot of complaints and
> suggestions regarding the design and implementation of RDF, and at ISWC a
> few months ago I suggested to Ivan that we start discussing starting a
> working group that would investigate a next version of RDF.
>
> This discussion is happening in several places already, and we thought this
> was the best place to house that discussion for now.

I've made a Wiki page for this in the new W3C Semantic Web standards wiki:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/RDF2Wishlist

For now it only links to this thread, a recent similar one from last
November started by Sandro, to Damian Steer's summary of his SWIG F2F
slides on the topic, and to the www-rdf-comments archive. It is
certainly worth capturing things at various levels, and I hope the
wiki can help. There are certainly a few errata-level issues, plus
some technical ideas, ... and beyond that the larger question of what
will help make RDF really thrive in the wider technology landscape.
The Wiki seems to me a fine place for all such observations, so long
as people link to sources/discussion. It's open to the public but
you'll need to create a W3C account first via
http://www.w3.org/Help/Account/Request/Public if you don't already
have access via a W3C Member organization.

cheers,

Dan