Re: Requirements for a possible "RDF 2.0"

From: Lynn, James (HP Software Professional Services) <james.lynn@hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:53:46 +0000
To: "semantic-web@w3.org" <semantic-web@w3.org>
In addition to what I am sure is a long list of issues already on your table (Chris), I'd like to ask "what's the goal?" What role do people see RDF playing at this point even if all ills were cured? Would there be a place in RSS for RDF? How about annotating WSDLs, WS-Policy, WS-*? I don't mean to sound pessimistic but I do worry that RDF may have missed the boat. When does the next boat leave?

Jim

James Lynn

Consulting Manager
Application Lifecycle Management
Application Security * Quality Management * SOA Governance

Software Professional Services
Hewlett-Packard Company

Tel : +1.484.239.7535