RDF/XML Syntax Question: Label on an RDF Object being a literal

From: Svante Schubert <Svante.Schubert@Sun.COM>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2010 19:04:42 +0100
To: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbrickley@gmail.com>
I got a question on RDF/XML syntax.
I would like to put an rdfs:label on an RDF object being a literal.

In RDF I read that rdfs:label takes as input an rdfs:Resource
and found that the literal (rdfs:Literal ) is a subclass an rdfs:Resource

Therefore it should be possible to do so.

Why do I like to do it? Imagine I got in ODF a table

<text:p>2. September 1980</text:p>

In above example there are two strings for the same date:
1) In the attribute there is the string the ODF implementation should
work with "1980-09-02"
2) In the paragraph within the cell is the human readable string "2.
September 1980" (the label)

Similar I desire an adequate solution for RDFa, where

office:value-type="date" office:date-value="1980-09-02">
<text:p>2. September 1980</text:p>

The description for the RDFa you find here:
"If an xhtml:content attribute is present, the above mentioned literal
content becomes a label."

Thanks for any help,