Re: SPARQL & memory use

From: Taylor Cowan <taylor_cowan@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 07:26:02 -0800 (PST)
To: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Also see http://code.google.com/p/scardf/

Looks like a DSL approach.

----- Original Message ----
From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
To: Taylor Cowan <taylor_cowan@yahoo.com>
Cc: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
Sent: Sun, February 7, 2010 9:05:20 PM
Subject: Re: SPARQL & memory use

I really really rate using Scala against the Jena libs - the syntax is
so much quicker and more fun.

I've only got as far as maybe Chapter 2 in my Scala book, not using it
to anything like it's potential, but you can bang something out in 5
lines of code that would take forever in Java.

Mind you, I had a big deja vu thing over dumping a model into a string
- write here and gobble there stuff and unicode ain't guaranteed.

But I'd like to tickle the Jena guys on that one - model.toString

...and!

Andy, you must have the code for this down right, jumping around to
see if it's an ASK DESCRIBE SELECT CONSTRUCT - bleah! It's a bloody
query!

Christ knows what happens with 1.1.

Think I better polish up my LISP.