Re: mapping from Turtle grammar to RDF graph

From: Dave Beckett <dave@dajobe.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 08:22:01 -0800
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
CC: Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, pfps@research.bell-labs.com, semantic-web@w3.org
Toby Inkster wrote:
>> It also might be worth starting to consider whether to align the terminals
>> (qnames) more with sparql first.
>
> Or perhaps align both with CURIEs <http://www.w3.org/TR/curie/> ?

I'd rather set a principle here to figure out what would be the reason for this.

A use case I'd see is mapping directly Turtle into SPARQL 1.1 Update
INSERT DATA blocks both directions.  That would seem pretty good to
unify and make work well which would benefit users.

So in that case, align as much as possible in terminals and details of the
syntax between these two - qnames, URIs and other details (e.g. '''quoting''').

It also begs the question whether sparql 1.1 update should take on some
more turtle syntax like @prefix in the triples block so you really can
cut and paste them.

CURIE, XML QName and other alignment seems less of a priority to me.

Dave