Re: a list of companies active in the semantic technology area

Hugh

sounds like a good point to me,

 academically, a desperate research question emerges:
Why do semantic technologies vendors do not use RDF to describe their info-data?

Assuming many of their representatives are on this list or within the
reach of foaf networks, it should not be difficult to issue a polite
suggestion (read: tall order?)

materially it should be trivial, and by next week or early January we
should be able to assemble Dieter's list via query output

If however there are good reasons for these companies not to publish
RDF, then these reasons should be compiled in a report and analysed in
detail for clues pointing to >>rdf what's next

cheers
PDM