Re: Upcoming Articles on SW

I don't know your intended audience.
I don't know if they will have a notion of what semantic means in connection
with the web.
I don't know if you do.
And, seriously, I'm not sure that I do despite watching, reading,
experimenting and researching into it.
There are so many areas, and so many more potential areas, that this covers.
For instance you have started with interoperability (one aspect of part of
the pile), and it was this I was thinking should have facts and facts about
trends given to it. How does 'semantic' facilitate data interoperability?
Who is interested in it?
Why are they interested? Who else might be interested? Why should I be
interested?
Flood of information or data is too vague for me. I already know that.

But this depends on your intended audience?

Adam

On 17 December 2010 17:25, Brandon Schwartz <brandon@boomajoom.com> wrote:

> Adam,
>
> Perhaps I should have been clearer in my first e-mail.  There will be sort
> of a "cover page" that provides a general introduction into what all this
> stuff is.
>
> For facts and trends, would you think that expanding on which companies are
> researching semantic tech, the amount of venture capital funding new
> initiatives, and that kind of thing?  Or do you have something else that
> would be more useful in mind?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> ---
> Brandon | http://www.boomajoom.com
> Visit my affiliate store: http://astore.amazon.com/boomajoom-20
> Twitter <http://twitter.com/boomajoom>  |  LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/in/brandonjschwartz>
> |  Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/#%21/pages/Boomajoom/116385835083090>
>

> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 3:37 AM, adasal <adam.saltiel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Brandon,
>> You introduce the term semantic after point 2. But you don't explain
>> anywhere what it might mean. I think this is the problem with tips and
>> advice pieces. If you explain it begins to get complex and detracts from the
>> idea that this is a tip or advice that can be followed. The same can be said
>> of a few other of the ideas you introduce including open source.
>> Perhaps your emphasis should be more on the subject of your title to the
>> piece. Less catch phrase and more facts and trends to emphasis benefits?
>>
>> Adam
>>

>> On 16 December 2010 22:12, Brandon Schwartz <brandon@boomajoom.com>wrote:
>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> I'm in the process of writing a series of articles for my site on the
>>> semantic web.  The goal of the articles is to raise awareness of the
>>> importance that the semantic web will play in businesses and internet
>>> advertising.  So far I have it broken down into 5 articles:
>>>
>>> 1. Interoperability as a Business Model
>>> 2. SEO
>>> 3. Linked Data in E-Stores
>>> 4. Understanding Trust

>>> http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/21313">This<http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/21313%22%3EThis>article</a> demonstrates how SAP is working to provide a semantic framework