Re: The Two Dogs Problem

From: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 22:11:30 +0000
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Cc: nathan@webr3.org, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
On Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:48:58 -0500
Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org> wrote:

> Or you could use some kind of registration number.  In the
> US, some people register their dogs with akc.org

My cats have RFID chips under the skin in their necks for the purpose
of identification. If they're found and handed in at a police station
or veterinary surgery, then this can be scanned and we'll be contacted.
Presumably the RFID just encodes a unique identifying number, which
would be suitable as an OWL key.

I'm still not sure whether this makes my cats technically bionic. But I
like to think it does.

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>