Re: Mailing list archives and the Semantic Web

On Sat, 11 Dec 2010 10:22:57 +0100
Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:

> Is anybody of you aware of an open-source substitute for MailMan/
> Pipermail that
> - allows, at least, adding RDFa to the HTML output of the mail
> archive entries,
> or, better,
> - uses a more comprehensive (e.g. SIOC-based) RDF model in the
> background, ideally accessible via SPARQL?

I do have a script somewhere for converting mbox archives to RDF (SIOC,
FOAF, DC Terms, etc). I used this to import the entire backhistory
of this mailing list, and several other W3C mailing lists, into a Jena
SDB store, and then put a demiblog3 <http://demiblog.org/> installation
in front of it.

While the result was pretty good, it was incredibly slow and
CPU-intensive, so it's offline right now. :-(

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>