Re: Any reason for ontology reuse?

On 12/8/10 5:52 AM, Martijn van der Plaat wrote:
> Thank you all for the detailed comments, but in my initial message I
> didn't mean a "formal list" from an organization like the W3C or other
> standardization bodies as some of you mentioned. I was just looking
> for an indexing service (API) where I can find properties and classes
> based on popularity with conservation of the decentralized approach of
> the Web. A concept is not popular due to standardization or applicable
> in every language and every domain perspective, but is popular because
> it simply works or because the popularity is caused by powerful
> organizations like Facebook,Google,etc who accepted these
> vocabularies/ontologies in their system.
>
> I think the API I talk about should be included into eg. ontology
> editors. I can imagine a simple string search possibility to find a
> popular ontology/property/class and easily reuse it into your own
> dataset?

Here is one place to lookup Classes or Properties, with results that
include Entity Ranking.

1. http://lod.openlinksw.com -- which also has a SPARQL endpoint so you
can use bif:contains as part of query pattern
2. http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/facet.vsp?cmd=load&fsq_id=191140 --
Classes associated with pattern: "Person"
3. http://lod.openlinksw.com/fct/facet.vsp?cmd=load&fsq_id=191141 --
Classes associated with pattern: "Music"
4.
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtuosoFacetsWebService
- DBMS hosted Faceted Browser Service APIs .

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen