Re: indoor / interior ontology

Dear  Martin, your email is a nice idea but

 "my tool", ORATE, is just an ontology repository. should u have ideas for
improving ontology repositories there are venues such as the Open Ontology
Repository, ONTOLOG; recently there were two workshops on major conferences
(ESWC, ISWC) addressing the problem of ontology repositories. I am sure the
CfP must have fallen in your inbox at least once as both CfP were
distributed in this mailing list.

 MH: 2. Trying your tool for "blog entry" or "post" does not yield SIOC,
"person" does not yield FOAF, and neither "product" nor "store" points to
GoodRelations.

It has never been within the objectives of our work to point to products or
"storing points to GoodRelations". Again, Martin, as I can see that your
"GoodRelations" are a cornerstone in the semantic web -one artifact without
which relationships will hardly be achieved, I suggest you raise these
issues in the form of a paper, prototype, etc. illustrating how could
ontology repositories full fill your needs, and those of the semantic web. I
am sure we will all find your enlightenment interesting.

MH: To be frank, I think your tool does currently more harm than good (same
as many other premature ontology search tools), because they send potential
adopters of semantic technology into the completely wrong direction

I am not sure how to answer this, should it be sufficient to say that the
tool is not a search tool, as I said before it is a repository. The "good"
that may come from it depends on: how u use it, and how u extend it -yes
Martin, extending it is actually possible, in this way you may get it to
work and address your specific needs.

To be frank, your comments are over the tone and do more harm than good
(same as whenever people are quick typing) because your comments address
a completely different point to that of "my tool". I suggest you do some
reading about ontology repositories, propose the modifications you consider,
develop the corresponding prototype and then start typing on mailing lists.

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org