Re: indoor / interior ontology

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:37:44 +0100
Cc: Philipp Cimiano <cimiano@cit-ec.uni-bielefeld.de>, semantic-web@w3.org
To: Alexander Garcia Castro <alexgarciac@gmail.com>
Hi Alexander:

Your tool is a nice idea, but ...

1. Ontologies are not just specification documents available somewhere
on the Web, but the combination of such a specification and an
ecosystem/community. Searching for an ontology without considering the
ecosystems of candidate matches makes no sense. It's like Google
without PageRank and random ordering of results.

2. Trying your tool for "blog entry" or "post" does not yield SIOC,
"person" does not yield FOAF, and neither "product" nor "store" points
to GoodRelations.

To be frank, I think your tool does currently more harm than good
(same as many other premature ontology search tools), because they
send potential adopters of semantic technology into the completely
wrong direction.

Best

Martin