Re: The annotation dilemma?

Hi everbody,

today someone shows me the way how I can apply Named Graphs
(N3-formulae?) to the annotation dilemma problem ;)

The Named Graph should replace the associations, which are made in an
association statement, e.g.

predefinition:

ex:FunkyPlaylist a pbo:Playlist ;
	sim:association ex:ZazisAssociation ;
	sim:association ex:BobsAssociationInUse ;
	...	.

original association statement:

ex:ZazisAssociation
       rdf:type sim:Association ;
       dc:creator <http://foaf.me/zazi#me> ;
       ao:genre "Funk"^^xsd:string ;
       ao:mood "party"^^xsd:string ;
       ao:occasion "my birthday party 2008"^^xsd:string .

to association statement with a Named Graph:

ex:ZazisAssociation
       rdf:type sim:Association ;
       dc:creator <http://foaf.me/zazi#me> ;
       ao:associates {
       		ex:FunkyPlaylist ao:genre "Funk"^^xsd:string ;
       			ao:mood "party"^^xsd:string ;
       			ao:occasion "my birthday party 2008"^^xsd:string . } .

For the simple association statement use case this would probably work
fine. However, I'm a bit unsure, whether I can really reuse
ex:FunkyPlaylist in the Named Graph, but that's what I'm intending to do ;)
It is now a bit more difficult, if I like to apply Named Graphs to
reusable association statements, .e.g.

original reusable association statement:

ex:BobsAssociation
       rdf:type sim:Association ;
       dc:creator <http://foaf.me/zazi#me> ;
       ao:genre ex:Funk ;
       ao:mood "happy"^^xsd:string ;
       ao:occasion "good feeling music"^^xsd:string .

ex:BobsAssociationInUse
       rdf:type ao:LikeableAssociation ;
       ao:included_association
               ex:BobsAssociation ;
       ao:likeminded <http://moustaki.org/foaf.rdf#moustaki> .

to reusable association statement a Named Graph:

ex:BobsAssociation
       rdf:type sim:Association ;
       dc:creator <http://foaf.me/zazi#me> ;
       ao:associates {
       		ex:AssociationSubject ao:genre ex:Funk ;
       			ao:mood "happy"^^xsd:string ;
       			ao:occasion "good feeling music"^^xsd:string . } .

ex:BobsAssociationInUse
       rdf:type ao:LikeableAssociation ;
       ex:AssociationSubject ao:substitution ex:FunkyPlaylist ;
       ao:included_association
               ex:BobsAssociation ;
       ao:likeminded <http://moustaki.org/foaf.rdf#moustaki> .

ex:Funk
       rdf:type mo:Genre .

I introduced therefore another property, ao:substitution, which should
substitute an existing class instance by another class instance to
enable statements, which are independent from a specific class instance.
I think such a substitution mechanism should be part of a knowledge
representation model, or? I guess it should rather an inbuilt mechanism
of the representation format itself.

What do you think about my approach? Does this makes sense and/or is it
somehow possible to model these use cases?
You can also find the original example here[1,2] and the example with
Named Graphs there[2]. The extended Association Ontology is here[4,5]
and the original one there[6].

Cheers,

Bob

[1]