RE: Open graph explorer

From: Peter F Brown (Pensive) <Peter@pensive.eu>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:00:49 -0700
To: Ian Dickinson <i.j.dickinson@gmail.com>, Li Ding <lidingpku@gmail.com>
CC: Semantic Web <semantic-web@w3.org>
One the problems is that the Silverlight app is asking for elevated trust to install an application outside of the browser sandbox and the app is effectively asking for expanded privileges. These privileges give the application greater access to my file system and other features of my operating system. This greater access can improve the functionality of the application, but it could also put my computer at risk.

The fact that the app is not digitally signed means that I won't implement it, even though I can (internal security policies), but might also contribute to it being non trusted and rejected on other platforms...

Peter