RE: data quality

Paola Di Maio wrote:

>Thanks Axel
>
>Indeed I did sign up to this list a while back, not sure I have
>ever seen any mails, will check my settings
>
>the initiative looks interesting,will read the paper with interest
>
>So from your observations, have you established the correlation
>between  valid RDF (as per the many validators)
>and fit for purposeness?
>
>I expect that valid RDF is only one criterior for fit for purposeness

May I ask what you mean by "valid RDF" here?

You refer to "many validators"? Which? There are, indeed, many, for
different languages. Do you only mean the RDF validators?

Maybe you can provide a serious example for what you mean by /invalid/ RDF?
By "serious" I mean something that could really be found in some document on
the web, where people believed that it would be valid, but it isn't (no
typos).

Michael

>I wonder if the pedantic web initiative offers a way for people
>to 'report' cases of datasets that are not good for purpose, so
>that it could be analyzed and contribute to the knowledge of
>this problem space, to help us analyze the complex issue further

Dipl.-Inform. Michael Schneider
Research Scientist, Information Process Engineering (IPE)
Tel  : +49-721-9654-726
Fax  : +49-721-9654-727
Email: michael.schneider@fzi.de
WWW  : http://www.fzi.de/michael.schneider
Haid-und-Neu-Str. 10-14, D-76131 Karlsruhe
Tel.: +49-721-9654-0, Fax: +49-721-9654-959
Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts, Az 14-0563.1, RP Karlsruhe
Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Wolffried Stucky, Prof. Dr. Rudi Studer