Re: call to arms

Ah, boy, there's a question.
Three alternative in principle.
Virtual machine can be good.
KDE for windows - when you say recent laptop I assume windows, or maybe Mac?
Partition and install, which I would personally go for.
If you have a Mac maybe KDE for mac is up to scratch now, but I doubt it.
Last I looked, <2 months ago, not everything had been migrated, there is a
KDE for mac project.
As far as I know it isn't possible on gnome, everything has been tied in
with KDE.
You may spend a lot of time on this and still be met with disappointment.
Last I looked also <2 months ago, there is no real working version. However
there a lot of dependencies and different KDE versions, it can be difficult
to upgrade a KDE version, my position, as opposed to install a new one from
scratch. It may be that the latest KDE does offer a functioning version.

The project is nepomuk
http://nepomuk.kde.org/aggregator/categories/1
The last post is from february.
http://nepomuk.kde.org/discover/developer