Re: connections

On 4/17/2010 2:46 AM, Alexander Johannesen wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 16:13, Lee Feigenbaum<lee@thefigtrees.net>  wrote:
>> 2) if the proposition is true, why? does it have to do with the quality of
>> the data? the content of the data? the access mechanisms available? lack of
>> problems to be solved? a dearth of UX or application design perspectives
>> that overlap with linked data awareness? is there a lack of business models
>> to drive people to build useful applications? ...
>
> I personally think it is the one you left out;

Oh, I left out way more than one!

>   * The tools we use to ingest and make sense of the data sucks.

If we had compelling enough applications of the *data*, wouldn't we
build the tools we need?

> Feel free to point to systems that are fuzzy enough to deal with the
> onslaught of human information and create real knowledge from it. :)
> (My biggest contenter is still Google Search, and they do it better
> without all this hocus pocus RDF business)

This sounds more like "doing something with the data we have is too
difficult" or "the content of the data isn't what we need [without lots
of extra processing" then a deficiency in the tools available.

Lee