Re: [semanticweb] ANN: DBpedia 3.5 released

baran@goldmail.de wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:48:53 +0300, Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> >> growing
> >> continue
> >> fact

> turn
> fast
> make a
> that,

> >> load
> >>
> >> I understand you so:
> >>
> >> a.) There is enough know-how for running heavy SPARQL endpoints.
> >> b.) But there is no enough money.
> >>
> >> I cannot help in the way you think, because we work in different areas.
> >>
> >> I can access different SPARQL endpoints with different lists of
> queries
> >> with a mouseclick under a single user-interface (surfing rdf-data with
> >> 'similar' ontology structure) and i can write comments to you or to
> >> fitting mailing-lists as i did it yesterday, that's all, sorry,
> >>
> >> thanks, baran.
> >>
> >> PS: Also thanks to Kingsley Idehen for interpreting 'HP of grandma' as
> >> a friendly metaphor.
> > Baran,
> > We solve problems.
> > What's your problem, be as clear as possible.

Baran,

> My first posting (see above on top) was for me clear, in 3-4 months i
> promise to write here if there is 'for me' a sustainable enhancement
> or not, it is very easy to fix it over time...
>
> Now I notice for example <http://dbpedia.org/property/abstract> must
> suddenly be
>
> <http://dbpedia.org/ontology/abstract>, otherwise no response...

Ah!

Certainly a documentation issue re. changes.

This should certainly be communicated, absolutely!

> ok, why not, if it is for a better ontology structure, i adapt with my
> client-side stuff and anticipate other unexpected changes.
>
> But i have also other detailed questions for example about
> literals-indexing (i'm not sure whether this is my problem) or simple
> inferences like owl:TransitiveProperty (from Skos in dbpedia, or not?)
> etc...
Interesting you bring this up as this is one of those SPARQL-Exts.
issues, yes Virtuoso handles Transitivity, but you need to know how to
enable its Inference Rules and Backward Chaining Reasoner. In this case,
the DBpedia [1] or Virtuoso forums [2] will do.

> Is there an appropriate public(!) mailing-list for all who have
> generally interest at similar things and (last not least) 'include the
> DBpedia instance and SPARQL endpoint as being part of what constitutes
> the DBpedia Team or DBpedia Project'?
Links:

DBpedia mailing list
2.
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_name=virtuoso-users
-- User List (most active and covers user and developer issues)
3.
-- General Mailing List Info Page
4.
http://www.mail-archive.com/dbpedia-discussion@lists.sourceforge.net/msg01208.html
-- old post about Transitivity and DBpedia
5.
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=4B72C32E.8050400%40openlinksw.com
-- an old post using Relationship Ontology against DBpedia
6. http://bit.ly/cvAC9u -- Collection of examples that use DBpedia for a
variety of queries that involves Transtivity etc.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
President & CEO